Collection and Use of Personal Information
- You can visit the website of DIT without revealing any personal information. However, DIT needs certain personal information if you wish to register, email, or receive DIT’s newsletter, or use certain DIT services.
- Where required, this information may include your personal contact information and/or your company contact information. DIT will use this information to reply to your inquiries, to provide you with requested products and services, to set up your member’s account, and to contact you regarding new products and services.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
- This website utilizes industry standard analytics packages which gathers limited information on visitors to our website automatically, and stores this anonymous information in server log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, basic IP information, referring pages, operating system used and date/time stamps. This information does not identify individual users; it is used only for site administration, as well as for analysis of website usage and trends. Additionally, cookies may be used to provide easier and faster access to website features such as logins and/or repeat visits.
- Cookies are very small text files that are stored on personal computers for reference purposes. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally indentifiable information you have submitted while on our site. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when your browser is closed, and a persistent cookie may stay on your hard drive for an extended period. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our site; persistent cookies can perform such activities as storing your password for forums or blogs so you do not have to sign in every time you visit those areas, and/or may be used to enable us to track and target the interests of our users so as to enhance the overall experience of using our site.
Links To Other Websites
Registration and Use of Personal Information
- Registration is not required in order to use or access this website.
- However, this site may require registration for customer support services. If you do register, and in the process provide us with personally identifiable information, rest assured that any such information you provide will not be shared with any third-party organization except with your express consent.
- if your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer wish us to possess your information, you may request correction, updating, or deletion of your information by contacting us.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- DIT may disclose your personal information to third parties who work on behalf of DIT to provide products and services requested by you. We will share personal information for these purposes only with third parties whose privacy policies are consistent with ours or who agree to abide by our policies with respect to personal information.
- DIT may otherwise disclose your personal information when:
- We have your express consent to share the information for a specified purpose;
- We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders or such other legal process;
- We need to protect the personal safety of the users of our websites or defend the rights or property of DIT;
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be considered 100% secure. However, your DIT information is protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas of our websites, as identified on the site, DIT uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
- We also safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, through access control procedures, network firewalls and physical security measures.
- Further, DIT retains your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes identified above or as required by law.
DIT reserves the right to change, modify or update this statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here by means of a notice on our home page.
Last Updated 7/24/2012
Questions or Suggestions